Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Monday 2 September 2013

Whoopsi Daisy Challenge

It is time for another challenge at Whoopsi Daisy .
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com.au/
This week the challenge is "Show us some Texture" (Stickles, glitter, embossing, textured paper)
This is my card
It took me a long time to make this card, but it turned out a bit of a mess.  I cut two squares of white card.  I covered the first card with Spun sugar distress ink.  While wet covered with clear embossing powder and heated to set.   I then covered the card with Tea Dye distress ink.  This is the first time I have used this technique "Faux Rust technique" that was sent to me by the Kaszazz club.  (I used different colours).  While the Tea Dye stain was still wet (I  added a further step) I added some Alison Ellis Rose Petal glitter and set with heat gun (You can't see the shine in the scan).  I then cut this card in half diagonally and layered onto pink card.  
I covered the second card with Tea Dye distress stain.  Dried and embossed with Central Crafts Design embossing folder.  Then sponged with Wild Honey distress ink.  Cut into half diagonally and layered onto pink card.  
I covered the join with washi tape.
I stamped Birthday Wishes stamp from Daisy Dandeline clear stamp set Bubbles and Squeak and sponged with distress ink and layered on top.  Layered three punched teddies down the side of the card.
I printed out pre coloured digi image from Whoopsi Daisy sheet No 475 with a pink square around.  Cut out and sponged with distress ink and layered onto card.
I love the Whoopsi Daisy digi stamps.  Each sheet comes with a black and white and a coloured version of two images.
Come on over to http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com.au/ and have a look at the lovely cards made by the design team and join in the challenge.  You have six days to join in.  I hope to see your card there.

No comments: