Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Papercraft Planet Sassy Studio Designs Monthly Progressive challenge No 5

Each month we receive a free Sassy Studio Designs image to join the monthly challenge, you must use the image to make a project and join the challenge to receive the next month's image.
http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/sassystudiodesigns/forum/topics/monthly-progressive-challenge-5-sept-15-october-14th
This month the challenge is October fest and there are two Sassy images to pick fsrom
This is the card I made
I have painted white card with Distress stains and added clouds with ink.  Added punched flowers with rhinestones and punched butterfly.  Punched fence with Martha Stewart border punch and added brads.  Printed out Cheers Sassy, coloured her with markers, cut out and sat her on the fence.

  • To request image send request to ssdpcp(at)gmail(dot)com    (please note all request will be answer)
  • You MUST use the Monthly Progressive Sassy Studio Designs image
  • You MUST create a project based on the current challenge theme
  • You have until 11:59pm EDT on October 14th to upload your creation, under the discussion on PCP
  • You may enter as often as you wish during the month long period
  • The prize is two Sassy Studio Designs images of the winner's choice
  • When uploading your picture, be sure to tag your SSD creations using sassystudio

**By accepting the SSD freebie image, you agree to follow SSD Term of Use.
  See Progressive Challenge Rules discussion

IMPORTANT! Please respect Lindsay's art and do not share Sassy Studio Designs images even though they are free. Please refer your friends to join PCP so that they can receive their own image.
Thank you!!

I had to add flowers as it is Spring in Australia and the first Monday in October is a holiday and Floriade is on in Canberra and the tulip festival at Bowral.  I went with Lynda and Sian to Floriade in 2011.  It was cooler that year than it is this year.   

 Photo of Lynda and Sian.at Floriade 2011.  Lynda's hair was just starting to grow back after finishing her chemotherapy treatment.  Before her cancer operation she had hair as long as Sians.
Today was a bit cooler but it has been very hot and windy in Sydney this past week.  Sydney this year had its hottest September ever.
Lynda, Sian and Tony went on a campervan trip to Victoria and along the Great Ocean Drive and then inland during the school holidays.  They were away for 12 days and it was cold, wet and windy most of the time.  I was supposed to go with them but was not well enough, also could not get up and down the steps into the campervan, Lynda hired, by myself.   They did a lot of driving and walking so I would not have been able to sit and travel for so long or do the walking.
They arrived back home Monday night.

At the Bay of Martys.
Tony was great tourist attraction.  They met up with a bus of Asian tourists at one of the lookouts and they all wanted their photo taken with Tony.  He didn't have time for a hair cut before he went so his beard was quite long.  

They also called in at Hastings to have a look where Tony lived as a child when he first came to live in Australia.  (He came to Australia from England when he was four.)   His family moved to Sydney when he was in high school.

Tony at rainy Tathra

Sian at Bendigo Pottery.






No comments: