Followers

Follow me by email

Add your email address below to follow me by email

About Me

Welcome to my blog

I started this blog in April 2012 so I could join Challenges. I am now on some design teams. I hope you like my cards. I started stamping in 1995 but my cards are still mostly cute.
Thank you to those who have joined as followers and to those who comment.
Unfortunately because of spammers I have had to put moderation on the comments. I will approve them as soon as possible, this also means I don't miss any.
I don't always get a chance to reply to all comments but I read them all when I approve them and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your comment.
The lovely banner was made especially for me by Amanda at Faery Ink Art & Design when I won her first blog challenge. family:";">http://faeryink.com/product/granmargaret-fairy-digital-stamp/

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BLOG

Post Pals cards for sick children

Post Pals - Putting a Smile on Childrens Faces

Sunday 26 November 2017

Christmas card club - mixed media for Christmas

Mary picked the theme for this fortnight for the Christmas card club - mixed media for Christmas

This was a challenge for me.  I have done some mixed media on journal pages but not usually on cards.


I stamped Stamp It stamp Kings of Orient onto white card.   I have had this stamp for many years.
Painted background with black gesso and burnt sienna acrylic paint.  Painted over star stencil with moulding paste.  Added glitter and glitter pen to large star.  Added dots of glitter.  Printed precoloured holly leaves from We are 3 Holly Leaf with berry printable.  Added red pearls.  Doodled with white gel pen.

 If you would like to see the cards made by the other members of the Christmas Club their blogs are listed down the left side of my blog.

I would like to add my card to the following:

A Inky Mess 16 - anything mixed media
http://ainkymess.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/challenge-16.html

Country View challenges - stencils
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/november-2017-stencils.html

Crafty Animals 8 - anything with an animal (camels)
http://craftyanimals.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/challenge-8-anything-goes.html

Crimbo Crackers 146 - anything Christmas
http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/challenge-146-anything-goes.html

Cute Card Thursday 505 - stars
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/challenge-505-stars.html

Daisy Chain 14 - Christmas/winter
http://daisychainchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/challenge-14-christmaswinter.html

Inspiration Destination 138 - anything goes
http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/138-kinda-cute.html

Mix it Up 7 - anything goes + stencilling (stencil stars)
https://mixitupchallenge.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/miucb-7-anything-goes-stenciling.html

Moving along with the Times 59 - Christmas animals (camels)
http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com.au/2017/11/59-christmas-animals.html

Retro Rubber challenge 76 - anything goes use an old stamp (my stamp is more than 5 years old probably more than 10 years old)
http://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/my-blog/2017/11/challenge-76-anything-goes.html



18 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Fabby card Margaret...
enjoy your day
Hugs Sylvie xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Margaret,
what a very lovely card and super work on your mixed media.
Super stamped image of your Christmas Animals.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Zoe Tant said...

Super texture with the stars Margaret and I like the stamping. Zoe x

Rita said...

Stunning card Margaret. Love that background too. Hugs Rita xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Such a detailed design Margaret, love how you created the background

Thank you for joining our MAWTT Challenge, good luck

June/DT

cuilliesocks said...

Brilliant card Margaret, super used of mixed media materials, Kate x

Fikreta said...

Very nice card

rachel said...

Great card Margaret - have a lovely day xx

MaryH said...

The black gesso behind the silver embossed stars looks so pretty. Good job on the challenge, and the design of the card is wonderful. Hope you enjoyed the mixed media challenge. TFS

Wendy L said...

It looks fab, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Debbie Mageed said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I love your mixed media card. I love how you applied the layers to make such a beautiful scene. Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber and hope you will be back in our gallery again soon.

Craftyfield said...

A starry sky with glitter! Great idea for this Christmas scene, thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely mixed media Christmas card Margaret, Mary certainly made us all venture out of our comfort zone.
Lorraine

Monika Gulyas said...

Fantastic Christmas card with great stencilling!!! Thank you for joining the November challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

Claire Grantham said...

Lovely card, the main image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

Very pretty card with many mixed media details! The focal image is fantastic! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber!

Katy McGloin said...

A lovely mixed media card that should be framed for home decor!! Thanks so much for sharing with Retro Rubber this challenge. Hope to see you play along with us often!!

scrappymo! said...

Your background sky turned out great. Lovely card, Margaret.